Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013




July 25, 2013


Who I am – a retired office and library worker who is adjusting to having to live on social security and a very small pension. I am 68 years old and as a result have had no viable job offers, since my employer told me to quit working until he could pay me for May and June. I have no idea when he will pay me. I had to resign to get my HUD rent reduced. I simply can't afford to continue without pay unless I apply for all the relief I can get. I tried for Food Stamps, but they said I have too much income to qualify. So I am left with too much time on my hands and too little money.

It occurred to me to write a blog. This will be essentially a diary. I am also pursuing a creative writing career. I began to write about six months ago and have produced three mysteries entitled Stalking Horse, Secrets, and Sisters Forever. “Stalking Horse” is a novella and the other two are novels of about 40,000 words. I have self-published through www.lulu.com and my books can be bought on their website, as well as on Amazon and Barnes and Noble. I invite you to visit lulu.com and purchase one of them. You can read the first 10 pages of each on the lulu website as a sample.

I would love it if you were to write to me, whether or not you read my works. I am somewhat lonely and bored, and would welcome contact. I can be reached at manessmorrison2@yahoo.com.

9:07 AM On the news, the new heir to the British throne has been born, a couple of days ago actually, weighing 8 lbs. and 6 ounces, and his name is George Alexander Louis. Kate and William look radiantly happy, and as always, they interact with the press with great ease, smiling and talking in a relaxed manner. I really do like watching the British Royals. They seem genuinely friendly, and generally are of good character. Of course, Kate was sunbathing nude once on a private estate and a photographer with a telephoto lens snapped pictures of her, and Prince Harry had his nude moment at a party. He is not as self-controlled as William, I don't think. And Diana and Charles had their scandals and problems, but were both people of considerable charm and intelligence. Charles as a boy is quoted as saying he wanted to be a farmer. Interesting and a bit sad. And Prince William as a small boy said he didn't like photographers. I wonder how often he saw his mother upset after dealing with photographers. I think that is what interests me most about the British royal family. They are individualistic, open people with problems and personal quirks and are not stereotypes.

12:18 PM, Lunch time. Which of my Publix salad sandwiches will I fix today? I'm not really hungry, but if I don't eat I'll get heartburn. I'll eat now and watch the news. Then I'll go back to reading Nevada Barr's The Rope. She is one of my favorite authors, but I have read all of hers that the library has except this one. Her work is always exciting. As a result, however, I always remember the stories and can't read them again.

The end of the diary for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment