Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013


Tuesday, September 10, 2013

8:02 AM I am having severe allergy symptoms today. I've been taking Benadryl for a number of days now, and I have run out. I'm thinking of buying some Claritin at the drugstore, and the next time I go to the doctor, getting a prescription. I think Claritin is more expensive, and if I get a prescription the insurance will pay for it. 9:28 I'm back from the drugstore. I got the store brand of both Claritin and Robitussin DM. The Claritin cost $10.00 and the Robitussin $5.00. I have already had a dose of Benadryl a couple of hours ago, so I won't take any Claritin yet, but I did take a dose of Robitussin. Like all allergy medicines it is bitter and foul tasting, but I swallowed it quickly. It does sooth the throat immediately. It also has a decongestant in it, so I won't need Sudafed. I then took a couple of sprays of NasalCrom. After a few minutes I should have some relief.

Reading – Loose Change.

Bad news. The Internet light is off on my modem. It's not red, just off. Is it working? It is working, and the light has come back on again. It needed to be stimulated, apparently.

This novel is not much to my tastes. I'm past a hundred pages and there is no story line. It's made up of a series of short segments, each of which is about one of the four young women who are involved with the hippies at Berkeley, CA, and are getting to know the work world and having interactions with men. So far there is very little drama, just lots of detail about each of them, without much in the way of insight and meaning. I think her main goal is to describe the cultural scene and events of the sixties. I would probably find it more compelling if I had been a hippie when I was that age. These women are about three years older than I was at that time. I'm going to keep reading, though, to see if a main character or a story line develops. Or maybe not. There are 250 more pages to go. We'll see. Well, it's time to eat supper and settle in for the night. The end.









No comments:

Post a Comment