Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

7:02 AM I got up early and started coffee because I couldn't sleep The news is on. I had to switch to channel 4, which doesn't have as thorough a news presentation as 12, and virtually nothing of national news, but sometimes my antenna just won't bring 12 in, and today is one of those days. The sky is very cloudy and dark, with a slow but persistent rain falling. My father would say it's good for the garden, because the water makes its way down farther into the soil than with a heavy rain. I'm having to use my bedside lamp. From the way the weather map looked, it shouldn't last all day, though. Good. I don't like two and three days of rain. The news is showing more accidents than usual today. When I'm out on the road in the rain I always slow down, but there are inevitably some cars that whiz past me. I have had several experiences of skidding on a wet road, and it always scares me. I'm just not willing to speed up for them.

President Obama was on TV at about 10:00 this morning speaking to the UN. He gave a very good speech and most of the audience seemed to be interested and paying attention. One man was smirking. I didn't recognize him. I wonder what country he represented.

3:35 I have just paid all my bills and called the insurance company to see why they denied permission for me to get a stress test. They are going to reconsider it and write me another letter.

I'm reading now. 5:33 I'm not making much progress with the novel. News and supper now.

No comments:

Post a Comment