Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday, August 2, 2013

9:43 AM Warm already. I have the air conditioner on. The Today Show has on right now a new band consisting of four siblings, with a strong voiced lead female singer. It's called The Band Perry. They are playing a sort of half country, half rock music, and it's very good as background. I haven't started any activities yet. I need to go to the library and pay my rent. I think I'll call Richard and see if he wants to go to the library. I was telling him he can get DVDs and CDs at the library, including non-fiction material. He doesn't read well, he says, so he doesn't read books. He had a rough time growing up, and barely finished high school. He does better in arithmetic, but didn't understand algebra and geometry when he was in school. He ran a leather shop down at the beach in his middle years. He is 63 now, I think he said. He watches PBS all the time, and tapes documentaries and cooking shows, so he must have some ability to think, therefore a normal or higher IQ. He just can't read well, which will hold anyone back in all the high school courses because of all the reading that has to be done. And lots of people don't do well in advanced mathematics. His family life was horrible, which often keeps teenagers from being able to concentrate on studying. He is a conservative Republican and a born-again Christian, but he doesn't seem to have any anger at me for being the opposite in my leanings. I am not thinking of a romantic relationship with him – or with anyone for that matter – so I don't care about his politics as long as he doesn't want to fight about it. He listens to Rush Limbaugh, but with a grain of salt, he said. He finds Limbaugh amusing. I don't, though I keep myself from being upset by him by never listening to him. Every now and then he makes the news by some particularly outrageous thing that he has said, so I am forced to pay him a little attention.

Call Richard now and see if he wants to ride down to the library and get some DVDs or CDs.

5:22 PM Richard had to wait in his apartment for a delivery. He orders lots of stuff over the Internet and has them delivered. I went on to the Perimeter Security office to get the State employment information so I can remove our workers from the company roles on the Internet. I'll do that tomorrow. Then I went to the library and got two books, regular fiction. Then I went to Publix to get food and then to Walgreen's for my prescription. It all took a little over an hour, and I was really overheated by the time I got here. I did go by the office and get the rent paid, and then lay down on the bed after putting the groceries up and drinking two large cups of water. I called about getting a copy of the title to my car so I can sell it to Richard if he still wants to buy it. It is going to cost me $85.00 to get a copy. Rats. I have no idea where it is, or when I last saw it. Well, it's supper time now. News on and relax for bed after I eat. Good night.




No comments:

Post a Comment