Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013



Tuesday, August 27, 2013

9:35 AM I remembered my pill this morning, have eaten and am watching the Today Show. They are still talking in shocked tones about Miley Cyrus on the show. The worst of the situation is that she has been an idol of young tweens and teens, and now has gone to the extremely negative edge of entertainment. Parents need to watch what their young children buy anyway, of course, but now they can't trust the Miley Cyrus products.

I'm between books now, and I need to pay my bills. I also want to call the apartments in Riverside that Linda Mowers and Lee told me about. I need to find out if electricity is included in the rent there or not. If it isn't, I may be unable to afford it. 2:24 PM I have called all 4 apartments. The one I wanted in Riverside does not include the utilities in the rent, so it's out. She said electricity would be about $60.00, but that is more than I want to try to put into my budget, and besides, from my experience, electricity bills can be outrageously high, especially in the hottest and coldest months. The other Riverside Apt. does include the electric in the rent, but their HUD list is closed now. The lady there said that the list may open up again in October and to call back then. So I will. I also called the two apartments in Murray Hill. The one on Edgewood South is easy to get to – off Beaver St. and near Roosevelt. It does have a HUD waiting list that is active, and I asked her to send me an application. She said she couldn't promise me that the rent would be the exact same amount as here, even though it is at 30% of income, that the base rent and other things might differ. Sounds like I won't know the exact amount until I move in, either. That's not good. How much do I really want to move???? It would obviously be safer to stay here. Oh, well. I don't have to decide yet, and I'm not really unhappy here. Linda wanted me to be nearer some of the other church members so I could get rides.

2:38 Reading again. This is a new novel by Ridley Pearson called The Risk Agent. I have read at least one by this author, I think. I'll start it now. 5:22 Time to quit reading and eat. This novel is about a kidnapping in China. There are some interesting things I have found so far to look up on the Internet, for instance nunchucka and Sherpa. I thought a sherpa was a mountain guide, but it is more than that. There is a previously nomadic people called Sherpa in Nepal, who are noted for their mountaineering skills and have often served as guides. I couldn't find any information about how far back in time archaeologists have traced them. They are mainly Buddhist, but also believe in local deities, spirits and supernatural beings. That would be a good subject to find a book about sometime.



No comments:

Post a Comment