Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Hello, World! We're having a hot day in Jacksonville. Luckily I got the air conditioner knob to turn again, because I really need it. It' going to be 95 today. It's 12:56 and I have just finished washing and drying and partially folding two loads of clothes. As usual after carrying things, my back is hurting. Lifting and bending over does make me hurt, though the rest of the time I don't have a problem with it. I'll lie down awhile now on my back and read. That should cure the pain.

I have had lunch and am feeling good except for my back. This Jean Auel book is interesting in the same way that Robinson Crusoe is, or a non-fiction book about backpacking across the country and roughing it. Real life adventures are as interesting as a murder mystery, and you can learn more from them. This book mentions lots of herbs and plants which she uses for medicine. I don't know how well-researched it is, but I expect it is pretty true to life. Auel mentioned in her foreword that she has been advised by archaeologists and anthropologists about how her characters live and do things, and if I remember correctly, she was or is married to an archaeologist, so I think I can learn a fair amount reading this novel. It's fun at any rate.

It's 6:05 and time to eat. Time to try to find some news on TV, too. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment